QUIC.cloud’s features run on “quota” and once in a while you might experience a problem with quota or the credits used to purchase it. Here are some of the most commonly reported QUIC.cloud quota problems and their solutions.
Incorrect Tier for Free Quota
Every month, your site receives free quota to spend on WordPress services. If you are on the QUIC.cloud CDN Standard Plan, you also receive free credits to spend on CDN bandwidth. Unlike credits that you purchase, which stay in your account until you spend them, free quota and credits reset at the beginning of every month. They do not roll over.
The amount of free quota/credits varies by service, but the tier system controls them all. As of this writing, these are the available tiers:
- Basic: the base level of free quota, available to anyone using any web server
- LiteSpeed Server: 5x Basic quota, available to those using a LiteSpeed server like OpenLiteSpeed
- Enterprise Server: 10x Basic quota, available to those with a LiteSpeed Enterprise license
Another tier, QUIC.cloud Partner, is coming soon, and will apply to you, if your website is hosted by one of our Hosting Partners. Hosting Partners may set their own QUIC.cloud quotas and pricing.
QUIC.cloud uses the
Server HTTP response header to detect which web server powers your site. As you can see in the list above, those sites with
Server: LiteSpeed are entitled to more free quota than those whose sites are running on other servers.
Sometimes, though, if your site is running behind a proxy or a CDN service, that service may mask the LiteSpeed header. In such a scenario, QUIC.cloud may not be able to detect the free tier quota correctly.
For example, you may be using a shared hosting LiteSpeed server, which entitles you to Enterprise Server-level quota, but you are only receiving Basic quota.
To solve this, you will need to force QUIC.cloud to correctly detect the tier by temporarily disabling the proxy or CDN service.
Once that is done, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > LiteSpeed Cache > General and click the Refresh Domain Key button. You should receive a new key within a few minutes.
Look at any service on your QUIC.cloud dashboard to verify that the correct tier is now active for your domain.
- About the Tier System
- Fixing an Incorrect Free Quota Tier
- Free Credits with the CDN Standard Plan
- Free Quota for Online Services
Reached Daily Free Quota Limit
Because free quota refreshes on the 1st of every month, there is often a heavier-than-normal load on QUIC.cloud’s Online Services nodes at that time. In order to more fairly distribute the availability of Online Services, we may from time-to-time enable daily usage limits.
There are two important things to note about daily limits:
- Limits do not apply to CDN bandwidth. There are no daily limits on CDN usage, only on select Online Services
- Limits do not apply, if you have purchased additional packages or pay-as-you-go quota for the service this month. Limits only apply to exclusively free quota.
When there is a daily quota in effect, you will see it displayed on your LiteSpeed Cache Dashboard in WordPress.
If your requests for Online Services are being rejected, and you still have some free quota in your account, then it is likely that you have reached a daily limit.
If you wish to continue using your services, then you have two options:
- Wait until tomorrow and the online services will automatically begin processing your requests again.
- Purchase some Pay-as-you-go quota with credits from your credit balance. (If you need to refill your credit balance, you can purchase additional credits in our store.)
New Credits Not Added to QUIC.cloud Dashboard
When you purchase credits, you should receive an Order is Complete email. Inside that email is a link to view the status of your credits. Click the link.
QUIC.cloud requires you to click the link because the Dashboard (where we store your credits and you allocate and use them) is a separate account from the QUIC.cloud store (where you purchase credits). When you click the link in your confirmation email, it tells the QUIC.cloud Dashboard that you have purchased credits, and QUIC.cloud updates your account balance accordingly.
If you don’t click the link, the QUIC.cloud Dashboard cannot know that you have purchased credits.
New Credits Not Seen by LiteSpeed Cache Plugin
Sometimes when you allocate new credits to a domain and service, the LiteSpeed Cache plugin doesn’t recognize the new quota available.
There are two ways you can try to resync QUIC.cloud and the LSCache plugin
- Refresh your domain key: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > General and press the Refresh Domain Key button.
- Sync your credit allowance: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > Dashboard. Click the Refresh button (it should look like a circle made of two curved arrows) next to the QUIC.cloud Service Usage Statistics section.
One or both of these measures should solve the problem.
How to Get Help With Other Issues
If these tips don’t cover the issue you are having with credits and quota, our support team would be happy to lend you a hand. Drop by our support page and open a ticket!